France allies with Italy for new ambitious projects related to luxury denim apparel.
Chanel, the global renown luxury brand has acquired the 60% of Fashionart Spa, a highly specialized Italian denim apparel manufacturer based in Limena, near Padua, a company that also produces for various top international fashion and pret-à-porter brands.
Aim of the acquisition of the prestigious French fashion brand is to continue its expansion in the top-notch denim segment while constantly focusing and bettering its involvement within sustainable practices.
“Fashionart benefits from an exceptional know-how in denim and wishes to continue to be involved in the challenges of innovation and eco-responsibility in the sector. At the same time, as Chanel is using more and more denim in its collections, it seemed natural to support Fashionart's ambitions. Despite this, in line with Chanel's strategy in this type of transaction, Fashionart will continue to work with all its clients,” explained Rambaldi.
Fashionart’s major activity is related to indigo denim apparel, while the rest of its production includes, in addition to ready to dye fabrics, leather, silk, nylon and other materials. The production is based upon about 80% woman’s apparel and the remaining 20% of menswear.
The company is involved internally in the phases of pattern preparation, grading and sewing of prototypes, while the production phase of garments is outsourced to a supply chain based in the company’s surroundings in the Veneto region.
“We are focused on the challenging project to become the reference point for the production of denim,” explained Rambaldi, who will continue to work for the company he founded as CEO.
The Italian manufacturer is also very keen about operating according to criteria that are respectful of the environment. In fact, Fashionart is GOTS certified as is the supply chain through which it operates, that also involves GOTS certified producers.
Andrea Rambaldi will also participate the round table "How is Made in Italy facing present and future challenges?" organized by Denim PV, in Milan at Superstudio Più on 23 November.