Jeckerson, the Italian jeans brand known for its thigh patches and initially designed for golfers to dry their hands on, is back.
The relaunch is led by Marco Colacicco, president of the board of directors of Mittel, and by creative director Mauro Ravizza Krieger.
Ravizza Krieger, who is at the head of the studio that has played an important role in generating commercial success and awareness of various brands, and also worked for Jeckerson in the early 2000s, setting a significant evolutionary path for it, explained to The SPIN OFF how this project will evolve.
What strategy will Jeckerson focus on for the relaunch?
Our goal is to bring it back to the success of the past, when it had an annual turnover of up to €55 million and sold a record number of more than one million pieces a year.
Jeckerson had set an important direction in the men's and sportswear market during those years. By offering a five-pocket stretch cotton pant style for men, it created a niche that didn't exist before.
Despite these difficulties, the brand's image and identity are intact, as it still has many fans and enthusiasts. And its suppliers feel the same way.
During the last edition of Pitti Uomo, for example, we met with great appreciation from both Italian and international buyers who especially appreciated its great quality.
What are your business goals?
Currently, our sales are around eight million Euros and we expect to reach €12 million by the end of the 2023/2024 fiscal year.
How many stores are working with Jeckerson?
Our goal is to operate through 450 multi-brand stores in Italy only, but already from next season we will expand in other countries, as some insiders have shown interest in us, such as Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and generally in Northern Europe. We want to be there in the next three to four years. We expect that we can count for 30% of our total revenue from them.
Starting from June or July 2023 we will also be ready to sell the brand through our own e-commerce platform.
What we did was not a nostalgic operation, but a project based on the relaunch of a men's collection and the launch of a new women's collection, while focusing on a sustainable strategy.
For the men's line, we introduced 12 styles and some new fits, like a new slim fit, in addition to the regular and relaxed fits.
We offer only Made in Italy trousers with 55% dyed cotton and the remaining 45% denim.
We are also including a selection of raw denim pieces to emphasize the key role each customer can play in personalizing and differentiating each garment simply by wearing it.
About 30% of the collection is eco-friendly, with fabrics and accessories made from recycled materials. For example, the fabrics contain a minimum of 65% recycled content, as well as GOTS cotton. We also use a range of laser treatments, using a technique that reduces water consumption to almost zero.
Part of the selection is also made with Tencel, a fiber produced according to a closed-loop process and characterized by unique aspects, offering great fluidity, draping aspects and a very soft hand.
Do you offer certified products?
By 2025 we want to achieve specific certifications, although we already use certified materials. We also want to be fully traceable very soon and disclose all the production steps we go through.
What prices will you focus on?
Our prices range between €195 and €230, although the core price is around €220 for an average pair of pants.
How can a brand founded in 1995 still attract the consumer?
The market is flooded with products, but there is a desire for simple and authentic products, not just a facade.
No, not yet. As part of our approach, we will soon inaugurate Casa Jeckerson, in Via Bandello, Milan. It will be the new home of the brand, an office and showroom, but also a touchpoint where it will be possible to experience its characteristics as a high quality brand made in Italy. For this project, we will be working with Tommaso Spinzi, an expert Milanese architect and creative designer.