For this year, Isko I-Skool 7 (also read here), the seventh edition of the international educational project and denim design competition organized by denim specialist Isko, announced and awarded its winners with an online live celebration.
As in the years before, the 2020 competition welcomed students from worldwide fashion schools and young professionals, and challenged them to create tomorrow’s jeans according to the theme “North, East, South, West–connected by one planet.” The 20 shortlisted finalists were asked to dig into their roots and approach different cultures from all over the world connecting them through responsibility. They were also required to take into account the product life cycle of their outfits–featuring a five-pocket jean and two denim showpieces all made with Isko denim fabrics.
The young talents also competed in designing their own Isko Vital+ Face Cover, a new washable and reusable facemask concept engineered with comfort and sustainability in mind and made with organic cotton Isko fabrics.The contest’s judges included Alberto Rigoni (Replay), Carlo Parisatto (Cadica Group), Miles Johnson (Johnson Design Consultancy), Kelly Harrington (Kellouhar), Leonie Christians (TextilWirtschaft), Maria Cristina Pavarini (SPORTSWEAR INTERNATIONAL), Sara Maino (Vogue Italia), Simon Collins (Former Dean of Parsons Schools and founder of We Design), Alessio Berto (The Tailor Pattern Support) and Anita Tillmann (Premium Group).
The winners of the contest are
- Lee Da Young (Esmod Seoul, South Korea), winner of the Best Overall Look Award;
- Isabel Hambly (Nottingham Trent University, UK), winner of the Best Marketable Product Award;
- Carolina Viviana Wolf (Akademie Mode & Design, Munich, Germany), winner of the Best Showpiece Award;
- Morita Yurika (Bunka, Japan), winner of the Best Five-Pocket Jeans Fit Award;
- Yao Ziyu (Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology, China), winner of the Isko Vital+TM Best Face Cover Award;
- Lina Mayorga (US young professional), winner of the Best Overall Media Mention by TextilWirtschaft and SPORTSWEAR INTERNATIONAL Award.